Want to see something published here? Send an email to torontobladers 'at' gmx 'dot' ca
The bladers day is an event initiated in 2021 by speedy from Toronto Bladers
The point of this event is to gather the largest inline skater meetup in Canada, meet, greet and build the largest inline skater network in Canada.
- Choosing a day to get us all together is not easy and the decision is done in consultation with regular skaters in Toronto, GTA - Ontario
- The best choices seem to be between July and August which August been preferred and done on a weekend.
- We also take in consideration other skating events that may be happening, so that skaters do not have to chose which ones to go and be able to attend them all if they wish.
- The length of the event is typically between 5 and 10 km along the Martin Goodman trail
- The event typically will be at least 1 hour from the moment we start skating and will end in a fixed location with space for the skaters to skate, meet, chill and chat. After that, it is up to the individual skater to stick around.
- When the camera is rolling, make sure you show us your best skills, tricks and abilities.
- We always end in a large location where everyone is appreciated to show their skills for the camera
- Recording can be done by anyone, but if you want your videos incorporated with the official group event videos, you should maintain a resolution of 1080p @ 30 fps minimum. 4K at 30 FPS will be the default.
All the following applies with zero tolerance. Make sure you read them.
- Code of conduct.
- Agreement waiver and release of liability.
- The event is not for beginner skaters. For your safety, the lack of skill and or equipment will be a reason to ask you to leave.
- Inline skates only. No quads. No bicycles. No skateboards. No scooters unless you are a designated marshal.
- The marshals are there for the safety and organization of everyone. No matter of a star you may be, respect them or you will be asked to leave.
- Always keep to the right due to incoming traffic and the needs of marshals to move withing the group.
- If you fall behind too much, do not delay the group and locate the leading marshal by provided gps and regroup on your own pace.
- If you are not an assigned marshal but decide to behave as one, it will only generate confusion. We appreciate the enthusiasm but do not do it.
- Don't cause trouble with traffic. Be mindful that we will be sharing the route with others which may slow us down a times.
- Anything related to impairment, drugs (legal or not), politics, religion, sex, activism, harassment will get you banned.
During the event, there will be skaters identified as skate marshals and all skaters must follow their directions
The event will have at least one boom box. Although everyone likes to skate to their own tune, the playlist is made with different styles to try to please the ears of everyone.
Ideally we would like to be able to connect several bluetooth speakers together so that we can have sound propagating through the whole group.
The main speaker device is a Bluetooth Speaker, W-KING 50W. If you are thinking about acquiring one, this device allows the connection to other compatible devices in a link.
Video to be added later
In 2021 the bladers day was on a Sunday, August 22nd at 3 pm. The day was a bit hot but still gathered 29 skaters. It was a success.